Monday 13 February 2012

Mime..

Wow! We had to film a new movie, I meant a short video..Until now, I thought I had acted in four movies. My very first movie was XY File followed by "The Boarding House" and "The Fantasy". All of the movies were a success! 
For this semester, we had to film a short movie too. The interesting part was we were not required to speak or use verbal communication in the movie. We had to use our body movement and our expression to convey message to audiences. And , my group filmed a movie entitled " X Factor Audition". This short movie, to be accurate I called it short clip, centred around the situation during audition.
For me, everyone should watch this short movie. Why? This short movie really taught one about life. We as human being never escape from failure. In this video, although the contestants failed in the audition, they should know that maybe singing was not their best. Maybe they were good in other fields. And we should know that, there was always light at the end of the tunnels. Maybe we were not so good in certain area, but it did not mean that we were suck in other area. So, always be positive!
Personally, I thought that this kind of activity ( making mime video) was very interesting. I could learn to use my expression and body movement in order to convey messages to other. It was  quite difficult at first since it was my first time acting without using my voice. But, I do believe that what makes thing difficult was the one that makes it more interesting. From this task, I also could gain my knowledge on the function of language. Every words and everything that came from our mouth whether verbal or non-verbal had their own meaning and function. For example, if we want to tell others that we feel sleepy, we will yawn. So, we as a human being should aware with our action and think before we act.
Among the five movies, I enjoyed to watch "The Teeth" by Christine's group. I could not help myself from not laughing when I watching their film. This movie was very interesting and at the same time taught people to be always taking care of their teeth. My second favorite movie was "The Bully" by Hubert's group. This movie was quite cute for me. I loved the background music and the way they acted in the movie. I screamed out loud when I saw Hubert acted as a innocent little boy. It was very unexpected and the spotlight was given to him. Could you imagine that 27 years old young gentleman acted as a primary school's kid?
So, why don,t you guys try making your own mime video and you will know how interesting it is? All the best!! Bon Chance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment