Thursday 16 February 2012

Tongue Twister

I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish,
but, if you wish the wish the witch wishes,
i won't wish the wish you wish to wish

The thirty three thieves, 
thought that they, 
thrilled the throne, 
throughout Thursdays

Chester Cheetah chews a chunk of cheep cheddar cheese.
The first thing that came into my mind when we were required to do tongue twister was "Oh No!". Why? I had problem with my pronunciation. Honestly speaking, I had problem with "s", "x", and "r"..My accent was too strong. It was really difficult for me to say words which involved these alphabets. I was very lucky and thankful to God because our group got tongue twister which did not involved these three alphabets. But, right now, I still practiced on how to better my pronunciation.
To make it easier to remember the tongue twisters, we decided to use rhyme. And of course, it became more interesting to recite tongue twisters using this method. It was because we loved to sing and four of us were very talented in singing. So, it was good thing to use our talent for this task. This method can be practiced during my practicum in the future. Rather than just reading texts and notes from text books, I think it is better to me to use other interesting method to teach my pupils. So that, the class will be more manageable since everyone is paying attention during my class and have the interest to follow my lesson. As a teacher, I believe that we should vary our techniques of teaching so that our students will not get bored.
Once again, our group was awarded as the best group for tongue twister. Thanks Madam Ira for your kindness giving us such a very inspiring appreciation. The appreciation motivated us and we used the appreciation as our driving force to better ourselves!!


No comments:

Post a Comment